Dallas County Criminal Background Checks
There are certain times in life when trust is critical, such as letting someone look after your children, entering into a business relationship, or choosing to marry someone. Acting on faith in these situations can mean risking everything on someone else’s word. Fortunately, though, there’s no need to act without information: a professionally conducted criminal background check can help you decide whether to trust someone based on facts, not guesses.
What is a Criminal Background Check?
A background check is an investigation of an individual’s criminal record to determine their honesty, credibility and character. A criminal background check will find all convictions at the federal, state, and local levels that have not been sealed or expunged. Additionally, depending on the purpose of the check and the jurisdiction in which the records are stored, other offences such as misdemeanors, traffic tickets, arrests, acquittals, charges, warnings, and more can be found.
Why Use a Tridentity Services Investigator Instead of an Online Service for Your Criminal Background Check?
We want to be upfront about this. There are plenty of services out there promising dallas county criminal background search for a nominal fee. However, these checks are not what they seem. These services typically rely on a shallow review of, often, out-of-date records. They are also not generally adept at dealing with multiple records under the same name, finding records in different jurisdictions, and capturing recent interactions with the legal system. Investigators at Tridentity Services not only have access to specialized, industry-standard databases, they also know how to confirm each and every entry on a person’s criminal record, and ensure that the search includes every name that person has had, and every city, county, state, and country that person has lived in. We will be able to get you a complete, reliable picture of a person.
If placing your trust in the subject of a criminal background check is important to you, have the check done by trained professionals – not a discount website.
Who are Criminal Background Checks and Searches For?
Almost anyone interested in learning about the criminal past of someone can initiate a criminal background check. Common reasons to request a check include:
- Making sure a babysitter is safe, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Ensuring a new employee is trustworthy
- Checking the background of a potential business partner.
- Making sure a potential romantic partner has been forthcoming about their past.
- Checking a potential tenant for trustworthiness.
Getting a Criminal Background Check Started
Hiring a private investigator through Tridentity Services is quick and simple. Here’s how the process works:
- Request a Consultation: Submit your case online or by phone to schedule your consultation. We’ll ask for the details we need to get your case matched with an investigator and provide cost estimates.
- Consultation with a Private Investigator: A licensed private investigator will contact you to talk to you about the purpose and goals of the investigation, and to collect any relevant information about your case. You’ll be asked to provide information including:
- The purpose of the background check. For certain purposes, background checks must comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act’s requirements, in part to protect you from potential legal action brought by the subject of the check.
- Details of the subject like name, address, phone number, and Social Security Number (where possible).
- Investigation in Progress: The check itself involves database searches and follow up research to confirm each record, often including interviews and court document searches. Criminal background checks return information on a subject such as:
- Criminal court records (charges, trials, convictions, sentencing, etc.)
- Wants and warrants
- Incarceration/inmate records
- Sex offender records
- DUI arrests and convictions
- Any other criminally-related documents